Here are some of the latest breaking news happenings on social media talk:
- Twitter CEO Elon Musk fires top executives in shakeup. Musk fired CEO Parag Agrawal, CFO Ned Segal, and legal policy and trust head Vijaya Gadde on Thursday, according to a report by The New York Times. The move comes as Musk prepares to take Twitter private.
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announces new AI tools to combat misinformation. Zuckerberg said that Meta is developing new AI tools to identify and remove misinformation from its platforms, including Facebook and Instagram. The announcement comes as Meta faces increasing pressure to do more to combat misinformation on its platforms.
- TikTok launches new safety features for children and teens. TikTok announced new safety features for children and teens, including a new “Family Pairing” feature that allows parents to link their accounts with their children’s accounts and set screen time limits and other restrictions. The announcement comes as TikTok faces increasing scrutiny over its potential impact on children and teens.
- Russia-Ukraine war: Ukrainian forces retake territory in the south. Ukrainian forces have retaken control of several villages in the south of the country, according to reports. The move comes as Russia and Ukraine continue to fight a protracted war.
- Monkeypox outbreak: WHO declares monkeypox a global health emergency. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the monkeypox outbreak a global health emergency. The outbreak has spread to over 70 countries, and the WHO is concerned about the potential for further spread.
These are just a few of the latest breaking news happenings on social media talk. For more information, please visit the websites of news organizations such as the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), the Globe and Mail, and the National Post. See most recent news highlights in our search.